Spas Have Alcohol-Related Treatments on Tap in Honor of St. Patrick’s Day
Celebrate the luck of the Irish in a new way. Rather than feeling the negative effects of too many pints the day after St. Patrick’s Day, wake up feeling rejuvenated after having a therapeutic spa treatment. Spas around the world are incorporating different types of spirits into their treatments, allowing you to still indulge, but saving the calories for another day.
“With nearly twenty thousand spas in the United States, choosing to do something positive for your body can be as simple as visiting the spa in your town,” said Lynne McNees, president of the International SPA Association. “Spas are becoming more creative with their treatment offerings including the alcohol many will be drinking on St. Patrick’s Day.”
- The Lodge at Woodloch, Hawley, Penn. – Partnering with Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, the Royal Revival includes a body exfoliation using hops, barley and honey followed by a beer bath.
- Rocco Forte Augustine Hotel, Praha, Czech Republic – The St. Thomas Beer Ritual utilizes a bit of history by incorporating a secret Augustinian monk beer exfoliation recipe that promotes detoxification and hydration, complete with a massage.
- The Spa at Griffin Gate, Lexington, Ky. – The Bourbon Bubbler starts with a full body polish incorporating Kentucky Bourbon, ginger, and pecans and finishes with a rinse and an application of Shea butter.
- Kelly’s Spa at the Mission Inn, Riverside, Calif. – The Kelly’s Fountain of Youth Signature Body Treatment refreshes your skin with an antioxidant Chardonnay wine bubble bath, and a Chardonnay wine grape seed body polish. The experience is complete with a massage and paraffin treatment.
- Château Élan, Braselton, Ga. – The Château Winery Ritual infuses the body with the anti-oxidant power of grape seeds during a wine bath, followed with a body scrub and mud wrap.
- The Spa at Silverado Resort, Napa, Calif. – The Chardonnay Sugar Scrub blends in Chardonnay, Shea butter and six natural oils to exfoliate and nourish the skin, healing even the driest of skin.
- Sundara Inn & Spa, Wisconsin Dells, Wis. – Toast to Life Bath and Massage increases circulation and removes dry skin cells, by providing a body sugar scrub, bath soak and full body massage.
If you still feel the need to celebrate the day with a bit of green, Texas-based Hiatus Spa + Retreat is celebrating “St. Patrick’s day” during the entire month of March with a Green Tea Ceremony. This experience includes a full body dry brush massage, masque, exfoliation and cleanse.