Moms Enjoy A Relaxing Spa Break This Mother’s Day
LEXINGTON, Ky. – There’s the cool mom, the overprotective mom and the soccer mom. No matter which one raised you, they all have one thing in common (no, not mom jeans) – they love a relaxing spa day. Whether you’re looking for a special Mother’s Day gift for a new mom or an empty-nester, there’s a spa experience out there that fits her.
“This Mother’s Day, introduce your mom to the spa lifestyle, because the benefits of spa-going are immeasurable,” said ISPA President Lynne McNees. “She can learn healthy cooking methods, skin care tips and relaxation techniques. After all, the No. 1 reason people go to the spa is to reduce stress and relax.”
For 2010, ISPA members are offering an incredible array of specials for first time moms, mums who need some R&R and mothers & daughters. We’re highlighting a few that are sure to make this Mother’s Day a memorable one:
Bun in the Oven:
- Edamame Spa, Philadelphia, PA – Mama MioTM Yummy Tummy – Exfoliate and improve the tonicity of your skin from a serum and deep treatment mask applied to the abdomen. Also, enjoy a lower leg and foot massage. $140 for 50 minutes.
- Glenwood Hot Springs, Glenwood, CO – Prenatal Massage – The perfect way to help expectant mothers reduce anxiety, improve circulation and balance hormones. A 50-minute treatment for $95.
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, FL – Pre & Post Natal Escape – Enjoy a pre-natal treatment, maternity massage and matching mom and baby tank tops. This two-hour package is $250, and on May 16 you can add-on Mommy & Baby Yoga for $25.
- The Spa at The Hotel Hershey, Hershey, PA – Rose Garden Collection – The new Rose Garden Hydrating Body Wrap, Massage and foot treatment with lunch are packaged together for $284. This four-hour treatment is available Monday-Thursday, May 3-27.
- Spa Montage, Laguna Beach, CA – A Day of Indulgence – A 60-minute massage, poolside lunch and sunset yoga will zen Mom out on her special day. Available Monday-Thursday for $200.
- VH Spa at Hotel Valley Ho, Scottsdale, AZ – Mother’s Day Spa Party – Treat Mom to a choice of a 60-minute massage, Being TRUE facial or pedicure. Then she can choose up to four mini-treatments like eye contouring or a quantum biofeedback stress buster. Finish off the day with yoga, belly dancing or hula lessons. All this for $125.
Like Mother Like Daughter:
- Cal-a-Vie Health Spa, Vista, CA – Mom & Teen Week – Spend a bonding week together with fashion shows, make-up lessons, skin care tips, cooking demonstrations, dance classes and tons of spa treatments. A three-night stay starts at $5,993.
- Murad Inclusive Health Spa, El Segundo, CA – Purchase a gift card for your mom and receive spa rewards for yourself – it’s the perfect way to spa together. Purchase a $100 gift card and receive $20 in rewards; $200 gets you $60 and $300 lets you spend $100.
- Red Mountain Resort & Spa, Ivins, UT – Mother-Daughter Adventure Package – Share 50-minute Swedish massages, morning hikes, cooking demonstrations and personal discovery activities with your mom. This four-day escape starts at $229 per person.
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on http://www.experienceispa.com/.