Let the Spa Relieve Your Stress During Tax Season
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The saying goes that only two things are certain – death and taxes, and with everyone being plugged-in 24/7 it seems like we can go ahead and add stress to that list. Tax season can seriously stress out both your mind and body whether you’re hunched over your desk crunching numbers or waiting in your accountant’s office. Thank goodness April is Stress Awareness Month and spas are offering treatments to help you deal with all that additional anxiety.
“The No. 1 reason people go to the spa worldwide is to relieve stress, and the No. 1 treatment they seek out is a stress-reducing massage,” said ISPA President Lynne McNees. “The spa is the perfect place to go to learn how to manage your stress. Treatments like massage, acupuncture and meditation have been proven to aid in stress reduction.”
This year take your tax return and invest it in your health and well being by booking a spa treatment. The World Health Organization reports that by 2020 the top five diseases will all be stress related. Take action now by getting a handle on your stress with these treatments from ISPA members:
- The Allison Inn and Spa, Newberg, OR – The Hot Oil Herbal Wrapsody is a hydrating body wrap, blended with therapeutic oils to relieve stressed muscles. A sensory bliss massage and scalp acupressure close out this 60-minute for $120.
- The Mayflower Inn and Spa, Washington, CT – The Chocolate, Chuckles and Chi workshop will teach stress-reduction techniques for the body, mind and spirit. Guests will also learn how to assimilate foods that reduce stress, like chocolate, into their diets. Each session is 45 minutes for $110.
- Qua Baths and Spa at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV – The Sleep Health treatment begins with an aromatherapy massage, using an essential oil blend, created to induce relaxation. A certified hypnotist will guide you through the session to gain more control of your ability to sleep. Available for $280 for 110 minutes.
- Sounds True the multimedia publishing company is offering several new titles that will help you relax including: Stress-Proof Your Brain by Rick Hanson, PhD; Relax Rx by Steven Gurgevich, PhD and Ultra Calm by Mark Hyman, MD.
- Spa Gregories, Newport Beach, CA – The Soothing Stones massage incorporates the warmth of river rocks to melt the stress out of your muscles. The treatment uses ancient Indian modalities with the use of warm smooth stones. Available for 75 minutes for $145.
- Stowe Mountain Lodge, Stowe, VA – Craniosacral Therapy is a holistic healing practice using light touching to balance the spine. It relieves stress, decreases pain and enhances the body’s overall health. Available for $150 for 50 minutes.
- VH Spa at Hotel Valley Ho, Scottsdale, AZ – The Foot Reflexology Service is a 30-minute treatment for busy spa-goers who need to relax ASAP. By targeting pressure points on the feet your whole body will relax. Enjoy this treatment for $50 during the month of April.
About International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on experienceispa.com.