ISPA AND THE ISPA FOUNDATION PROUDLY PRESENT BOARD MEMBERS FOR 2007
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The following volunteer leaders for the International SPA Association and the ISPA Foundation are set to lead both groups on a strategic path into the future. The ISPA Board is led by newly-elected Chairman Jim Root and returning as the ISPA Foundation President is John Korpi.
“The outlook for the spa world is ripe with promise, thanks in large part to what ISPA has accomplished in its short history,” said Root. “And as we move forward with these achievements as our foundation, together we can only grow stronger and become more fulfilled.”
By serving as board members, these dedicated volunteers commit personal time and resources throughout their terms and work in harmony to strengthen the spa industry.
ISPA Officers and Executive Committee
- Chairman: Jim Root, general manager of spa operations, Sea Island Resorts
- Vice Chairman: Jean Kolb, director, Kohler Waters Spa/American Club
- Secretary/Treasurer: Jeremy McCarthy, director, spa operations and development, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
- Sharilyn Abbajay, founder/general manager, Abbajay & Associates, LLC
- Celeste Hilling, founder, Skin Authority
- Kate Mearns, spa director, The Spa of Colonial Williamsburg
- Deborah Waldvogel, director of spa operations, Mii amo, a destination spa at Enchantment
Newly Elected ISPA Board Members
- Angela Cortright, owner, Spa Gregorie’s
- Diane Trieste, vice president, employer and alumni relations, Cortiva institute
Returning ISPA Board Members
- David Erlich, regional director, Fairmont Spas
- Orlando Hidalgo, owner, Hosteria Las Quintas Eco Spa
- Charles Mizelle, vice president of corporate dev., Kerstin Florian International
- Peter Sng, managing director, Spacare International Pte. Ltd.
- Jennifer Wayland-Smith, spa director, Spa at The Hotel Hershey
- Susan Wheeler, spa director, Avanyu Spa at The Equinox Resort & Spa, a Rock Resort
ISPA Foundation Member serving on the ISPA Board
- John Korpi, principal, SpaQuest International
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA’s membership is comprised of more than 2,700 health and wellness facilities and providers from 75 countries. ISPA strives to advance the professionalism of the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, to promote the value of the spa experience to society and to be the authoritative voice of the spa industry.
ISPA Foundation Officers
- President: John Korpi, principal, SpaQuest International
- Vice President: Ruth Stricker, owner/founder, The Marsh, a Center for Balance and Fitness
- Secretary: Cathy Cluff, managing director, Oaks at Ojai
- Treasurer: Edwin H. Neill III, CEO, Neill Corporation
Newly Appointed ISPA Foundation Board Members
- Dr. Brent A. Bauer, director, complementary and integrative medicine program, Mayo Clinic
- Thad Hyland, managing director, Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
- Sylvia Sepielli, owner, Sylvia Planning And design
Returning ISPA Foundation Board Members
- Calvin Martin, partner, Calvin Martin & Company, PLLC
- Dr. Howard Murad, founder, Murad Inc.
- Shenyn Wang, managing director, Orient Retreat Spa
ISPA Board Members serving on the Foundation Board
- Jean Kolb, director, Kohler Waters Spa/American Club
- Jim Root, general manager of spa operations, Sea Island Resorts
- Jennifer Wayland-Smith, spa director, Spa at The Hotel Hershey, Honorary ISPA Foundation Board Member
- Deborah Szekely, founder, Rancho La Puerta and Golden Door
About the ISPA Foundation
The International SPA Association Foundation is the 501(c)3 foundation of the International SPA Association and was created in 1999 to serve the educational and research needs of the spa industry. The ISPA Foundation’s mission is to improve and enhance the value of the spa experience; its vision is to advance spa culture to sustain health and well-being. The ISPA Foundation’s objectives include being the educational source for the spa industry, establishing definitive research that validates spa industry related topics and creating an endowment that sustains the ISPA Foundation in perpetuity.
ISPA Board of Directors – the application process for the 2008 ISPA Board of Directors will begin in early 2007. At that time, a call for candidates will be e-mailed to all ISPA members and the application will be posted on http://www.experienceispa.com/cms/cms/articles/.
ISPA Foundation Board of Directors – to apply to serve on the ISPA Foundation Board of Directors, please contact ISPA Director of Research & Development Stefanie Ashley at email@example.com.