Couples Packages are Popular for the Day of Love
The day of romance is usually approached with lots of guesswork on the gift-givers’ end. As some may fear that chocolates and flowers are out-dated, spas are wrapping a ribbon around gift packages for couples. Not only ensuring a unique gift that everyone will benefit from, but also creating a romantic experience for the couple to enjoy together.
“The number one reason men and women go to a spa worldwide is to learn how to manage their stress, so anyone receiving a trip to the spa for Valentine’s Day would appreciate it,” said International SPA Association (ISPA) President Lynne McNees. “The International SPA Association statistics show that 77 percent of all spas offer special packages throughout the year, check with your local spa for their Valentine’s Day offerings.”
Here is a sampling of International SPA Association members in various regions that offer special packages for couples:
- Solace Spa at Boyne Mountain, Boyne Falls, Mich. – The Romantic Journey will take the couple on a ride with a couples massage, European facial for her and hot towel facial for him, complete with a toast of sparkling wine, 180 minutes, $475.
- Spa Réveil, Austin, Texas – The Couple’s Passage treatment starts with a light therapy bath in the privacy of the couple’s suite followed by a massage. Conclude with beverage service for two and savor the moment together in the sanctuary lounge, 150 minutes, $380.
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, Ga. – The Couples Retreat features a full body exfoliation and scalp massage, a customized, full body massage and facial, complete with champagne and canapes in the couple’s private sanctuary, 220 minutes, $1,170.
- Sundara Inn & Spa, Wisconsin Dells, Wis. – The Sundara Pure Glow combines an essential oil-enhanced bath by the fireplace, a warmed oil massage and a warmed stone facial for two, 160 minutes, $690.
- The Spa at Laguna Cliffs, Dana Point,Calif. – The Best for Romance package begins with a couples massage and enjoyment of their spa suite which includes a Swiss shower, outdoor patio with whirlpool, fireplace and waterfall, finished with drinks and chocolates, 90 minutes, $375.
- The Spa at Chateau Elan, Braselton, Ga. – The His & Hers package combines a couples massage, facials and pedicures, enjoyed in the candlelit couple’s suite. Complete the day with lunch, drinks and chocolate dipped strawberries for two, 240 minutes, $685.
- Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Penn. – The Couple’s Sweetheart Massage provides a full body massage, foot scrub, and paraffin foot mask for both. Enjoy a glass of sparkling cider and a post-treatment treat in the relaxation area, 50 minutes, $300.
- The Spa of Colonial Williamsburg, Williamsburg, Va. – The Champagne Mimosa Pedicure package includes a champagne mimosa scrub and is enjoyed side by side. During the treatment enjoy a sparkling drink and a box of truffles, 60 minutes, $129.
On Valentine’s Day the bachelors and bachelorettes can give Cupid the day off. Here is a listing of International SPA Association members offering a special Valentine’s Day treatment for the individual:
- The Spa At The Hotel Hershey, Hershey, Penn. – The Chocolate Spa Sampler mixes up a yummy experience of a whipped cocoa bath, chocolate bean polish, cocoa massage and lunch, 180 minutes, $208.
- Hiatus Spa + Retreat, Austin and Dallas, Texas – Honey, Honey is the sweetest way to spend the day with a head to toe drizzle of warm honey, body scrub, followed by a steam treatment and cleansing Vichy shower, completed with a massage, 80 minutes, $195.
- Kelly’s Spa, Riverside, Calif. – The Single & Still Fabulous package can be experienced by yourself, or call your friends and be fabulous together. Enjoy a Swedish massage and facial, and continue the experience at home with the take home candle, 75 minutes, $190.
Other gift ideas include Massage Lesson for Couples offered by Sandpearl Spa in Clearwater Beach, Fla. Learn massage techniques and give your partner a massage like the professionals, 80 minutes, $230.