Brides and Grooms Find Stress Relief at the Spa
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Many brides and grooms are engaged to the idea of relieving some stress before their big day, and there’s no better place for some much needed relaxation than the spa. In fact, the ISPA Global Consumer Study shows that the No. 1 reason why both men and women worldwide go to the spa is to relieve and reduce their stress. It’s easy to find a spa experience before or after a wedding with 64 percent of spas offering couple’s massages and 44 percent offering a special package for couples (ISPA 2010 U.S. Spa Industry Study).
“Spas provide the perfect location to enjoy time with your wedding party or with your new spouse during a honeymoon,” said ISPA President Lynne McNees. “A great spa tip is to take advantage of the spa’s amenities to make a day out of a one-hour treatment. Go early and workout in the fitness facility or relax in the sauna, steam room or whirlpool. After your treatment you can linger at the pool, spa café or relaxation room.”
Say “I do” to these spa treatments that will help you prepare for the big day:
- Avani Spa at The Abbey Resort, Fontana, WI – Get gorgeous hair with the 50-minute Aqua Embrace Treatment for $65. This relaxing scalp massage and customized oil conditioning treatment will help brides achieve the ultimate goal of beautiful and healthy hair.
- Sante Spa, Calgary, AB – The$140 Coffee and Sea Kelp Contour Wrap offers anti-cellulitic benefits to the body while pumice provides an invigorating exfoliant. The 60-minute treatment combines nanah menthe with vanilla and grapefruit extracts to awaken the senses while macadamia oil replenishes your skin.
- Spa Montage, Laguna Beach, CA – The Wedding Surrender program for prospective brides, establishes a healthy, balanced foundation for the future. The ultimate in personalized service, the bride’s surrender team, including a spa therapist and fitness trainer, will work with the bride to create a customized, holistic wellness program based on her individual needs. Any combination of therapies may be prescribed, including hydrotherapy, massage, wraps or body polishes. The all-inclusive retreat includes a three-night stay and daily healthy meals. Contact the spa for rates.
Couples who spa together, stay together with special treatments for the bride and the groom:
- The Palms Hotel and Spa, Miami Beach, FL – For brides: The Journey Into Marital Bliss package includes a 50-minute Elemental Nature Massage, spa manicure and pedicure, make-up application, shampoo and blow-out and a bento box spa lunch. A four-hour and 30-minute package for $300.
For grooms: The Relax Him package includes a 50-minute Fusion Stone Massage, Gentlemen’s Facial, haircut or Feet Therapy and a two-course spa lunch. A two-hour and 45-minute package for $310.
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, FL – For brides: The six-hour and 30-minute Leading Up to the Big Day package gives the busy bride-to-be the option to spend a full day of relaxing at the spa or breaking it up little by little in the month leading up to the wedding. Enjoy a Mandarin Oriental Salt & Oil Scrub, Hot Stone Massage, Lifting Facial, Holistic Foot and Hand Treatment and make-up application for $900.
For grooms: There’s no reason men can’t enjoy some relaxation before the wedding with the four-hour A Day for the Groom package priced at $634. The experience begins with a Thai massage followed by a men’s facial. Also included is a Holistic Hand and Foot Treatment.
- Spa Gregorie’s, Newport Beach, CA – For brides: The Ultimate Shrink Wrap will reduce the appearance of cellulite and take inches off your body. This 90-minute warm mud wrap chases toxins and excess fat out of the body resulting in a firmer, slimmer figure for $145.
For grooms: The Gentleman’s Retreat for the Husband to Be is a four-hour package designed to fit a man’s every need. It includes a Eucalyptus Steam Bath, Invigorating Hydrotherapy, Therapeutic Scalp Massage, a one-hour massage of his choice, Gentleman’s Facial, manicure and paraffin hand treatment, all for $265.
About International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on experienceispa.com.
Editors Note: A complete listing of ISPA members that have made the association aware of their wedding-related offerings is available. ISPA is happy to put you in contact with members who could serve as interview resources. Please contact Shelby Jones for ideas on members to accompany your piece.