What is the Code of Conduct?
The Code of Conduct is the spa industry's commitment to assuring clients that their spa experience will be of the utmost professionalism as it relates to communication, confidentiality, privacy and spa treatments.
Why Use the Code of Conduct
- As the spa industry grows, and more people are employed in the business of wellness, it is imperative from a risk management standpoint for there to be guidelines both for the guest and for the professional about what to expect from each other.
- The Code of Conduct is important to have as an industry-wide platform from which our guests are granted the freedom to express their expectations, voice their concerns and feel safe in the process.
- It directs the behavior of both the guest and staff in a mutually dignified and respectful manner.
- The Code of Conduct is valuable because it communicates to the spa guest that he or she is important.
- It empowers spa staff to evoke the highest level of service and keenly understand the importance of clear and compassionate communication.
- For guests new to the spa, it describes spa etiquette and helps manage guests' expectations.
How Do I Use the Code of Conduct
Post it in visible places for spa guests such as:
- locker rooms
- bulletin boards
- meeting rooms
- Web site
- spa menus and brochures
- spa policies
- front desk
Include it in communications such as:
- guest orientation
- group-booking process
- vendor communications
The Code should also be communicated to employees and in visible places such as:
- posters in the breakroom or cafeteria
- orientation and training tools
- employee manuals