REHEARSALS, RECEPTIONS AND RELAXATION
LEXINGTON, Ky. – From bluebird skies to blushing brides the busy summer wedding season is upon us again. Between the dress, the cake and the guest list, it’s no wonder brides are more frenzied than ever before on what’s supposed to be the happiest day of their lives. From the International SPA Association’s 2008 Global Consumer Study, we know that the No. 1 reason people spa worldwide is to relax and relieve/reduce stress.
“Planning a wedding can be a wonderfully stressful time, and there is no better place to relax than at the spa,” said ISPA President Lynne McNees. “Whether you de-stress alone, bond with your fiancée, or celebrate with your entire bridal party, spas offer the perfect place to relax before the big day.”
Check out these offerings for blissful brides:
- MGM Grand Spa, Las Vegas, NV – Bridal Favorites – 50-minute pearl body treatment, 25-minute pearl opulence manicure and 50-minute pearl opulence pedicure, $280 Mon.-Thurs., $310 Fri.-Sun.
- The Whiteface Lodge & Spa, Lake Placid, NY – Day Before the Big Day – 45-minute rose oil manicure, 45-minute rose petal pedicure and 25-minute maple and juniper eye therapy, $165.
- Golden Door Spa at the Peaks Resort, Telluride, CO – Bride-to-Be – aromatherapy massage, manicure and pedicure, makeup application, hair styling and veil placement, $400.
Grooms and their guys:
- Aji Spa at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort, Chandler, AZ – Enjoy a round of championship golf then head to the steam room, whirlpool and cold plunge before a relaxing massage, $235 per person.
- Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa, Corona, CA – 25 minute men’s manicure or pedicure for $29, a 50 minute gentlemen’s facial for $89.
All the single ladies:
- Pineapple Day Spa, Pine Bush, NY – Treat your bridal party to $30 manicures, $11 eyebrow waxes and $55 sea salt body treatments.
- VH Spa at Hotel Valley Ho, Scottsdale, AZ – 90-minute belly dancing bridal parties will get everyone in the mood to party, $250 for 4-10 people.
- Red Mountain Spa, Ivans, UT – Spa Tapas Party – you and your friends choose from a list of offerings including reflexology, bone density readings and blackberry hand massages, $50 per person.
About the International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on http://www.experienceispa.com.