Recent Spa Innovations on Display at ISPA Media Event
At the recent East Coast International SPA Association (ISPA) Media Event in New York, N.Y., spas and product companies showcased their latest innovations to media attendees. Nearly 150 journalists visited Gotham Hall to hear from the organization representing more than 4,000 members in 77 countries.
“As the voice of the spa industry, ISPA loves to showcase a sampling of what our members are offering. At the event, we also released our recent industry statistics sharing that the industry has strong, steady growth. What a time to celebrate in the spa industry,” said ISPA President Lynne McNees.
The following ISPA members participated in the event and offered unique spa treatments to the media as outlined.
- Aspira The Spa offered their massage The Grandfathers, which pays homage to the stones that are gathered and used in ceremony by native healers.
- Bellus Academy offered the service of applying one lash at a time with NovaLash eyelash extensions.
- Epicuren Discovery offered their [eye] Wonder mini treatment which provides stimulating hydration for the eyes.
- Kohler Waters Spa offered the healing properties of the Highland waters through the experience of their All Things Scotland Body Treatment.
- Massage Envy offered an Exfoliating Hand Treatment using a sugar scrub in addition to a hand and forearm massage with body butter.
- Spa & Club Ideations offered the SolTec chair technology, which included designed layered music, vibration and magnetic therapy.
- The Spas at Mandarin Oriental offered a look at their Journey to Digital Wellness program, encouraging a healthy balance of technology in one’s life.
- Spa Ssakwa’q’n offered the Coeur d’Alene tribal wellness bag which allowed guests to fill a takeaway pouch with dried huckleberry, sage and cedar used for treatments.
Four mini treatments were provided by Chaleur Beauty who offered a Self-Heating Facial Mask, Clarins Spa who offered eye treatments, Eastern Vibration who showcased their sound therapy experience, and Technogym who showcased the Cross Personal cross trainer.
Media were able to pre-book treatments with the companies through the appointment scheduling software, ResortSuite.