LEXINGTON, Ky. – Classic dad activities like mowing the yard, grilling, playing catch and road tripping all have one thing in common – they wreak havoc on dear old Dad’s health. Never one to worry about his appearance, like most moms, Dad is probably oblivious to the damaging effects of the sun. Not to mention his sore back from years of pushing the lawn mower and driving the family cross country to the Grand Canyon. This Father’s Day, help him out by booking a relaxing spa visit. He might not know he needs one, but after he’s experienced a relaxing massage or soothing facial, he’ll be hooked.
“Father’s Day is the perfect time to introduce men to the spa lifestyle,” said International SPA Association President Lynne McNees. “You can learn everything from how to reduce stress to healthy cooking at the spa. It’s important to get your dad on the right track because studies show that by 2020, the top five diseases will all have the underlying contributing factor of stress.”
ISPA members have some special packages and products to get dads feeling better than ever this June 20.
- Aspira Spa at The Osthoff Resort, Elkhart Lake, WI – Time Out for Dad package is a two night stay with beer, steak and a body, scalp or foot massage. That will have Dad ready for a mountain biking excursion the next day. $599, Sunday-Thursday, May and June.
- Mohonk Mountain House, New Paltz, NY – Dads stay free during June when sharing a room with another guest. Dads taking advantage of this special offer will also receive a picture frame for memories of their stay and a plush Mohonk robe. Beginning at $410, Sunday-Thursday in June.
- Sir Spa, Chicago, IL – Deserving Dad lets you treat your dad with a 30-minute Tune-Up Massage followed by a 30-minute foot rub with a beer. What dad could resist all this for $75 in June?
- Skin Authority, available at spas nationwide – Protect your dad’s skin when you purchase the Wrinkle Reversing Serum, you’ll receive a free Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30, UVA-4 Stars. This sunscreen is one of the first to receive 4-stars through the FDA’s new rating system (soon all sunscreens will be required to carry a star rating).
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, FL – Dad’s Delight includes an 80-minute therapeutic massage, pedicure and shave product, a 2.5 hour treatment for $305. Also, spend Father’s Day at Oasis Beach Club with a beachside massage and a cookout where you grill your own catch.
- Sundara Inn & Spa, Wisconsin Dells, WI – Tag along with Dad by purchasing a 50-minute treatment for him and receive 50 percent off of a treatment of equal value for yourself. Included with each gift is a golf-themed item for Dad. Offer is valid May through June.
- Yelo Spa, New York, NY – Gentlemen’s Facial and Yelo Reflexology Session gives Dad a tailor made facialalong with a relaxing scalp and shoulder massage. Finish off with 30 minutes of reflexology on the feet, hands or ears. This 90-minute service is offered at $150.
About the International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the global spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on http://www.experienceispa.com/.