LET DAD KICK UP HIS FEET AND RELAX THIS FATHER’S DAY
LEXINGTON, Ky. – If previous Father’s Day gifts have included a “My Dad Is #1” T-shirt, then it’s time to start thinking outside of the box. You’ve heard him complain about his old football injury and stiff back for too long, so now is the time to help him out with a gift that he can benefit from all year. Dads are stressed out (just like moms) and they deserve a little R & R at the spa. Think your dad is too tough for the spa? Think again because 1/3 of spa-goers are men.
“Men account for 31 percent of spa-goers and the No. 1 reason they go to the spa is to relieve and reduce stress,” said International SPA Association President Lynne McNees. “Make a small investment in your dad’s well-being by introducing him to the health benefits of a spa experience.”
With 3,200 members in 83 countries, ISPA members are ready to make June 21 stand out for dads by offering some great gift ideas:
- Skana, The Spa at Turning Stone Resort and Casino, Verona, NY – Father & Son Balancing Retreat, lead by an outdoor spa guide, takes you on a scenic hike and picnic lunch. When you return you’ll enjoy an 80-minute spa service of your choice. When you’re finished, you can enjoy the private men’s steam room, sauna and two-story co-ed mineral pool. $400 for two guests, originally $580.
- SpaTerre at Paradise Point Resort, San Diego, CA – Man-tastic Dad package includes an 80-minute sports massage, men’s executive facial and a men’s manicure. Three hours of treatments for $350, originally $450.
- The Spa at Trump International Beach Resort, Sunny Isles Beach, FL – It’s a Guy Thing begins with a deep tissue massage then dad will head out to a private poolside cabana stocked with his favorite beer and a sirloin burger or club sandwich. Individually $275, save by booking for two guests for $199.
- Skin Deep, Huntington Beach, CA – Share the Love is for expecting couples, who will indulge in a double zen water experience, then unwind with a 40-minute sports massage for the dad-to-be and a 40-minute mommy-to-be massage. $100 per guest.
- The Spa at The Hotel Hershey, Hershey, PA – The Ultimate Dad Package includes a gentleman’s barber-style shave, a gentleman’s facial, a traditional massage and lunch. $254 for 3 ½ hours, originally $279.
- mySpa at The Fairmont Chicago & mySpa at InterContinental Miami – Make it a Double experience two therapists simultaneously delivering the sole salvation foot treatment and skin maintenance facial. Dads receive a special price on the package, $228 (originally $285) in Chicago and $220 (originally $275) in Miami.
- Mohonk Mountain House, New Paltz, NY – Father’s stay for free in June, Sunday-Thursdays when they book a room with a companion. Included in their stay are all meals, activities like yoga, swimming, hiking, 9-hole golf course and tennis. Plus when you book a signature spa treatment for dad you’ll receive a 15 percent discount.
“ISPA members are offering some fantastic deals and packages for Father’s Day that allow you to treat your dad without breaking the bank,” added McNees. “Just as you can find a hotel, restaurant or pair of shoes in any price range, there is a spa experience out there for everyone.”
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on http://www.experienceispa.com/.