LEXINGTON, Ky. – Moms only get one official day of the year, but everyday can be Mother’s Day at the spa. Spas are rolling out the red carpet to offer gifts, packages and specialized treatments just for her. While moms are responsible for introducing many of us to the spa experience, it’s time to give her a much needed and well deserved time-out.
If you’re not sure what kind of treatment your mom might like there’s no need to worry since you can buy her a spa gift card. Mom will be proud of your savvy spending since gift cards are being discounted by 35 percent of spas, and 29 percent will give you a free gift card when you purchase one for yourself.
Some mom’s have a tendency not to take that important “me time,” so Mother’s Day offers the perfect excuse for you to show her what she’s missing. The No.1 reason people go to the spa is to reduce and relieve stress, and the spa is the perfect place to go to learn how to manage stress, eat healthy and begin a wellness routine. The sooner you get her to the spa the better since the World Health Organization is reporting that by 2020 the top five diseases will all be stress-related. Make your gift one your mom will remember this year by giving her a stress-free day at the spa.
“Mother’s Day is the perfect time to introduce your mom to the spa lifestyle,” said ISPA President Lynne McNees. “Spas highlight packages during this time of year that help mother’s everywhere take a time out to relax. In fact, 44 percent of U.S. spas offer packages for couples, 14 percent offer treatments aimed at seniors and 42 percent have pregnancy packages for new moms.”
No matter what your mom likes there’s a spa experience out there to suit her needs. ISPA members have put together offerings to help you make this Mother’s Day one she’ll never forget.
- ESSpa Kozmetika Organic Skincare, Pittsburgh, PA – The Mother’s Day BOGO event allows you to purchase one gift card valued at $500 and get a second one for free. This one-day-only event begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 8 p.m. on May 5.
- La Costa Resort and Spa, Carlsbad, CA – The $250 Mom and Mia package includes a 50-minute Berry Firm Facial that reawakens dry skin with the help of plant derived hyaluronic acid from strawberries and rhubarb. After the facial mom will take home her very own Clarisonic Mia!
- Spa Gergorie’s, Newport Beach, CA – For the mom who wants it all the $145 Ultimate Signature Facial is the perfect gift. This anti-aging facial includes microdermabrasion, botanical peptides, a firming lip treatment, a collagen stimulating eye treatment and an acai antioxidant mask. The NuFace device used in the treatment uses micro currents to tone and lift facial muscles.
- The Spa of Colonial Williamsburg, Williamsburg, VA – Spend the day together with the $189 Mother-Daughter Facials. You’ll each experience a 60-minute custom facial or an advanced AHA facial. Add on the Mother-Daughter Manicure and Pedicure for $80 that utilizes refreshing mint in the treatment.
- Terranea Resort, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA – The 90-minute El Segundo Blue treatment is the perfect gift to help relax stressed-out moms. The $245 treatment begins with a rhythmic massage before you’re enveloped into a cocoon of revitalizing sea blue mineral clay. A head and scalp massage concludes this deeply relaxing experience.
- The Woodhouse Day Spa – This spa chain is offering three new spa packages for moms from April 11-May 8. The 100-minute Treasured Moments treatment includes a Swedish massage and a hydrating ginger pedicure for $115. Moments to Remember features a back, neck and shoulder massage; a brightening facial and an organic sugar scrub pedicure at $185 for two hours. And, the four-hour Celebrate the Moment treatment begins with a Swedish massage followed by an anti-aging minkyti facial and concludes with a reflexology-focused pedicure for $270.
About International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on experienceispa.com.