Get him the perfect gift of spa for Valentine’s Day
LEXINGTON, Ky. (February 10, 2012) Celebrate Valentine’s Day with the gift of spa for the men in your life. A customized spa treatment, a weekend getaway or the gift of relaxation close to home is a great way to mark the occasion. It’s easy to find a spa deal that caters to men, according to the ISPA 2011 U.S. Industry Study which reported that 45% of spas offer packages aimed at men. Resort/hotel spas are most active on that front, with 65% offering special packages geared toward men.
The number one reason men go to the spa worldwide is to reduce/relieve stress.
“Men are frequently introduced to the benefits of spas by their wives, girlfriends or moms, and once they have that first spa experience – they are hooked,” said International SPA Association President Lynne McNees. “Giving your Valentine the gift of spa is a thoughtful way to convey the importance of making spa visits part of an overall health and wellness routine.”
Spas take the guesswork out of picking the right package for your Valentine with a wide variety of options that provide a needed time-out for the men in your life. Whether you’re seeking an express treatment or a get-away excursion this sampling of offerings from ISPA members will ensure a memorable experience.
- The Palms Aveda Spa (http://www.thepalmshotel.com/) Miami – Revitalize Him features a 50-minute elemental Nature Massage, Aqua Salt Glow Body Treatment in the HydroCapsule and his choice of Haircut or Feet Therapy for $215.
- Kingsmill Resort (http://www.kingsmill.com/) Williamsburg, VA – The Gentleman’s Choice offers your choice of a revitalizing facial or personalized back treatment each customized according to skin type. Par Excellence Golf Massage treatment will have you feeling like a tour pro as massage therapists address specific muscle groups with a unique blend of hops massage oil.
- Sundara Inn & Spa in Wisconsin Dells (www.sundaraspa.com) – Purely for Men Facial developed “just for him” begins with exfoliation of the back and shoulders, using Sundara’s own Sandstone Body Polish, followed by a moisturizer. Next the face is treated with an invigorating cleanser, a massaging mask to tone the skin, and finally a soothing moisturizer for $70.
- Spa Gregorie’s (http://www.spagregories.com/) Newport Beach, CA – Gentleman’s Retreat designed especially for male clientele and their unique physical needs, this package Includes: Eucalyptus Steam Bath, Invigorating Hydrotherapy, Therapeutic Scalp Massage, One-Hour Massage of your choice, Gentleman’s Facial, Gentleman’s Manicure, and Paraffin hand treatment. $265.
- Red Mountain Resort (http://www.redmountainresort.com/) St. George, Utah – Man on the Run – Alpha Male Active Body Treatment 80 minutes, $160 A potent and stimulating mud treatment to relieve sore muscles. Skin Blitzer – Complete treatment to hydrate, purify and detoxify skin. Tightens features and soothes skin irritated by shaving.
- Corbu Spa & Salon (http://www.corbuspa.com/) Cambridge, MA – Refresher Facial – an ideal spa treatment for men featuring an intensive recovery for over-exposed skin that eliminates internal and external aggressors to establish maximum glow, the Refresher Facial is specifically designed to achieve comfort and relaxation in a short 30-minute window.
- Mohonk Mountain House (http://www.mohonk.com/) New Paltz, NY – Fuel Your Face: Skin Fitness for Men formulated exclusively for the unique needs of male skin, this new facial cleanses, balances, bioactivates and defends the face. Dirt and environmental pollutants are cleansed from the skin, without stripping essential oils, then pH balancing calms the skin. Next, potent anti-aging botanicals penetrate the deepest layers of the skin, infusing antioxidants,vitamins and minerals. 50 minutes.
- Skycity Marriott Hotel Quan Spa (http://bit.ly/xwcAxj) Hong Kong – Chocolate Body Spa skin treatment with anti-oxidants, vitamins and cocoa butter. Includes chocolate foot bath and full body scrub and finishes with a 60 minute chocolate body massage.
About International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on experienceispa.com.
Spas are places devoted to overall well-being through a variety of professional services that encourage the renewal of mind, body and spirit.