LEXINGTON, Ky. - Don't let your siblings "one up you" in preparation for the upcoming Mother and Father's Day holidays. There's no better way to show your love and appreciation for mom and dad than indulging them with the latest spa treatments and products.
"Holidays are a great time to introduce parents to the spa lifestyle as there are so many wonderful packages and products to help them relax, reflect, revitalize and rejoice," said International SPA Association President Lynne Walker McNees. "Forty-six percent of U.S. spas offer packages for couples and 20 percent have packages for seniors and families, making spa-going a perfect activity for couples or entire families."
With 3,000 members in 75 countries, ISPA members are prepared to help mom and dad de-stress on their special days in May and June. Forget about handing over that boring card and bouquet of carnations and consider some of these getaways, services and products:
- It's tee time for dad and junior at One Ocean Resort Hotel and Spa in Atlantic Beach, Florida. This father and son getaway includes a two-night stay with breakfast and lunch, a round of golf for two, a "Men's Defense" spa package and a take home shaving kit featuring Homme by Phytomer products.
- Betty Dain Creations will wrap mom up in its plush Cloud 9 microfiber spa wrap packaged with a Spongelle soap-infused sponge or a spa canvas tote bag.
- Reconnecting with mom doesn't just occur once a year at Lake Austin Spa Resort in Austin, Texas. The spa hosts mother/daughter weeks five times a year. These getaways include discussions on communication skills, body image, self esteem and depicting dreams.
- The Belly Imprint spa-at-home kit from Belly Vita is a unique way for expecting parents to celebrate both holidays. Give the mom- or dad-to-be an opportunity to create a lasting piece of art to cherish for years to come.
- The newly-opened Viridian Day Spa in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, is offering a special spa journey for mother's during May. An herbal healing massage and facial will help mom de-stress along with lunch, time to read special notes sent in from family members, and she'll leave with a gift from the spa.
- Zents is introducing new scents into its signature massage, manicure and pedicure products, as well as candles. For dad there is ore, mandarin and earth. Mom will enjoy sun, a scent that is said to evoke feelings of home.
You may access all of ISPA's members online at www.experienceispa.com.
(Editor's note - A listing of ISPA members that have made the association aware of their Mother/Father's Day treatments and products is included below. ISPA is happy to put you in contact with members who could serve as interview resources. Please feel free to contact Debra Locker at the above contact details for ideas on members to accompany your piece.)
Aspira Spa at The Osthoff Resort
Elkhart Lake, Wis.
Cliff House Resort & Spa
Cranwell Resort, Spa & Golf Club
Kohler Waters Spa at Burr Ridge
Burr Ridge, Ill.
Kohler Waters Spa at The American Club
Lake Austin Spa Resort
Mohonk Mountain House
New Paltz, NY
One OceanTM Resort Hotel & Spa
Atlantic Beach, Fla.
Lake Ozark, Mous.
St. Regis Resort, Monarch Beach
Dana Point, Calif.
White Sulfur Springs, WV
The Oaks at Ojai
The Spa at Gainey Village Health Club and Spa
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Viridian Day Spa
Mount Pleasant, SC
Astara Skin Care
Basq Skin Care
New York City, NY
Betty Dain Creations, Inc.
Pacific Bioscience Labs, Inc.
New York, NY
Beverly Hills, Calif.
Spa by Archipelago
Los Angeles, Calif.
Tools With Heart
White Lion Tea Company