LEXINGTON, Ky. - At a time when the International SPA Association's membership has reached a record of more than 3,000 spa professionals, the following volunteer leaders are set to lead the association on a strategic path into the future. The new ISPA Board of Directors will begin their roles at the upcoming ISPA Conference & Expo, Nov. 12-15, in Kissimmee, Fla., United States.
The ISPA Board is led by second-year Chairman Jim Root. "With the ultimate goal of ISPA being indispensable to the global spa community each and every day, the ISPA Board, along with the ISPA Foundation Board, dozens of task force members and more than 3,000 spa professionals worldwide, is shaping the framework for sustainable spa practices well into the future. I am honored and humbled to lead these dedicated volunteers for another year."
Elected members of the 2008 ISPA Board of Directors are as follows:
- Chairman: Jim Root, general manager of spa operations, Sea Island Resorts
- Vice Chairman: Jean Kolb, director, Kohler Waters Spa/American Club
- Secretary/Treasurer: Sharilyn Abbajay, vice president, Paris Parker Salon & Spa
Newly Elected ISPA Board Members
- Thor Holm, director of spa, recreation & fitness, Ginn Hammock Beach Resort
- Jesper Hougaard, managing director, Serena Spa Pvt. Ltd.
- Lori Hutchinson, owner, Hutchinson Consulting
- Manoj Murjani, chief executive officer, The Wellness Group Pte. Ltd.
Returning ISPA Board Members
- Angela Cortright, owner, Spa Gregorie's Jeremy McCarthy, director, spa operations and development, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
- Charles Mizelle, vice president of corporate development, Kerstin Florian International
- Peter Sng, managing director, Spacare International Pte. Ltd.
- Diane Trieste, vice president, employer and alumni relations, Cortiva institute
- Deborah Waldvogel, vice president of operations, The Ambage
- Jennifer Wayland-Smith, spa director, Golden Door Spa at The Boulders
- Susan Wheeler, spa director, The Spa at The Equinox
ISPA Foundation President serving on the ISPA Board
- Edwin Neill III, CEO, Neill Corporation
Becoming Involved in Board Service
The application process for the 2009 ISPA Board of Directors will begin in early 2008. At that time, a call for candidates will be e-mailed to all ISPA members and the application will be posted on http://www.experienceispa.com/cms/cms/articles/.
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. ISPA's membership is comprised of more than 3,000 health and wellness facilities and providers from 75 countries. ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on http://www.experienceispa.com/cms/cms/articles/.