LEXINGTON, KY. - The International SPA Association will bring the worldwide spa community together to celebrate 20 years of leading the spa industry in the historic setting of the United State's capital. The 20th annual ISPA Conference & Expo will be held at The Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in the Washington, D.C. area/National Harbor, MD from Nov. 15-18. Attendees will be engulfed in the rich history of Washington D.C. as well as ISPA, as we look back on two decades of growth and leadership in the spa industry. This year will feature more than 30 hours of education and hundreds of exhibitors showcasing their newest products. The ISPA Conference & Expo brings the spa community together every year for education, networking and decision making on the Expo floor.
"Even though we're looking back and celebrating the past 20 years, we're also looking forward to what lies ahead for the spa industry," said ISPA President Lynne McNees. "The past year was a turbulent time for many industries and ISPA is here to help its members move forward and prosper with education and business tools that you can implement immediately after Conference."
This year's Conference will include a lively discussion during Thursday's General Session on the future of the industry with experts from diverse fields that impact the spa business. Peter Yesawich, chairman and CEO of Ypartnership, a marketing, advertising and public relations agency will moderate the panel comprised of fitness industry expert Paul Byrne, CEO, Precor and hotel industry expert Roger Helms, CEO, HelmsBriscoe.
Keynote speakers include:
- Monday - Eric Saperston, founder and president of Journey Productions, Inc., who leads a company that believes you need "To bring people together through entertaining stories of wisdom, humor and inspiration." Musical guest Edwin McCain will accompany Saperston on stage.
- Tuesday - Doc Hendley, founder and president of Wine to Water, and one of CNN's Top 10 2009 Heroes, has secured clean water for people all over the world. He lives the mantra "it's better to give than to receive."
- Wednesday - Marcus Buckingham, a four time best-selling author and Oprah contributor, will address finding and applying your strengths to reach maximum success. His latest book, Go Put Your Strengths To Work, is complimentary for the first 300 Conference registrants.
This year four outstanding individuals will be honored:
- Doc Hendley will receive the 2010 ISPA Alex Szekely Humanitarian Award. Hendley's dedication and contribution to thousands of people around the world is demonstrated by his commitment to providing people with clean drinking water. His foundation aims to help one billion people by turning donations from wine events into money for water.
- Deborah Szekely, founder and creative director of Rancho La Puerta and The Golden Door will receive the 2010 ISPA Visionary Award. Szekely has been a pioneer in the spa industry for decades. Deborah's current focus is educating the future generation on how to live the spa lifestyle. Szekely says, "I want them (schoolchildren), in the fifth grade, to have a semester of learning, through math and science and gardening, about the basics of what it takes for a healthy life: nutrition and exercise."
- John and Karen Korpi, principals of Korpi & Korpi and Associates will receive the 2010 ISPA Dedicated Contributor Award. The Korpi's have both contributed many years to the development of the association by serving on the ISPA Board of Directors. John served as Chairman of the ISPA Board of Directors and as the ISPA Foundation President. He led development of the Spa: A Comprehensive Introduction course during his time with the ISPA Foundation. As Vice President of spas for Ritz-Carlton Hotel Corporation, Karen developed and opened over 50 spas around the world and also served as a mentor for hundreds of spa professionals. The Korpi's latest endeavor is their spa consulting firm Korpi & Korpi and Associates.
Register online before Sept. 24, 2010 to receive the special early bird rate at www.celebrateispa.com.
About the International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the global spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on www.experienceispa.com.