The International SPA Association (ISPA) will celebrate spa industry leaders with innovative and successful spa-related initiatives at the 2013 ISPA Conference & Expo. ISPA members had the opportunity to submit their successful spa-related innovations for the chance to be recognized by their peers with an ISPA Innovate Award. More than 400 votes were cast by the ISPA membership to determine the top ISPA Innovate winners.
"ISPA is excited to highlight some of the very talented and innovative spa professionals we have within our association," said ISPA President Lynne McNees. "Not only would we like to applaud these individuals for thinking inventively, but as an association, we would like other members to hear about these winning ideas and perhaps this will grow even more innovative ideas."
ISPA Innovate award winners include:
- Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, located in Lantana, Fla. represented by Catherine Warren, spa director, focusing on "successful retail program that raised profits and increased employee morale."
- Fayez Spa, located in London, Ontario, Canada represented by Fayez Tamba, owner, focusing on "marketing that positively impacted multiple stakeholders and dramatically increased retail sales."
- Four Seasons Maui, located in Kihei, Hawaii represented by Pat Makozak, senior spa director, focusing on "‘Seniority' system for massage therapists that empowered therapists with priority booking."
- Glen Ivy Hot Springs, located in Corona, Calif. represented by Cristen Stier, CFO, focusing on "quality operating system that defines processes for continual improvement."
- Hiatus Spa + Retreat, located in Dallas, Texas represented by Casey Evans, regional director, focusing on "affordable monthly membership program tailored to guests' personal needs."
- Hutchinson Consulting, located in Sonoma, Calif. represented by Lori Hutchinson, founder and co-owner, focusing on "interactive website at the electronic heart of the global spa community called Our Spa Community."
- JW Marriott San Antonio- Lantana Spa, located in San Antonio, Texas, represented by Travis Anderson, director of spa, focusing on "farm-to-treatment table spa experience."
- The Marsh, A Center for Balance and Fitness, located in Minnetonka, Minn. represented by Arlene Robitshek, retail director, focusing on "creation of ‘trunk show' partnerships with local artists for revenue generation."
- The Mirage Spa, located in Las Vegas, Nev. represented by Stephanie Doud, director of spa, salon & pool operations, focusing on "integration of yoga program with a separate attraction that raised profits and hotel awareness."
- Miraval Resort & Spa, located in Tucson, Ariz. represented by Michael Tompkins, CEO, focusing on "online questionnaire called Mymiraval.com that generates recommended spa services, sessions and activities."
- Phytomer Corporation, located in Salt Lake City, Utah, represented by Lenette Casper, Phytomer USA's president and CEO, focusing on "new process to treat waste water using a natural, sustainable resource."
- School of Resort and Hospitality Management at Florida Gulf Coast University, located in Fort Myers, Fla. represented by Mary Wisnom, professor and spa management coordinator, focusing on "student-managed and operated on campus spa lab."
- Spa 4 the Pink, located in Denver, Colo. represented by Julie Bach, executive director, focusing on "developed on-location ‘spa' days coupled with mindfulness at cancer centers."
- The Spa at Charleston Place, located in Charleston, S.C. represented by Annette Sandford-Lopez, director of the health club & spa focusing on "cause-marketing campaign that promoted sun safety and skin cancer awareness for school children."
- The Spa at the Peabody, located in Orlando, Fla. represented by Bill Toth, spa director, focusing on "initiatives that raised community awareness of ovarian cancer."
The ISPA Conference & Expo Innovate Sessions will be held on October 21 at 4 pm and October 23 at 3:30 pm at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, where the award recipients will share their innovations with ISPA Conference attendees. Attendees can register for the ISPA Conference & Expo by visiting ispa2013.com.