LEXINGTON, Ky. - The International SPA Association Foundation is ready to begin another exciting year of servicing the spa industry. The Foundation is heading into 2009 ready to expand upon the new tools and opportunities that were introduced in 2008. The new board members will begin their roles at the upcoming ISPA Conference & Expo, Nov. 10-13, in Las Vegas.
"The past year has been an exciting time for the Foundation as we have created a scholarship, endowment fund, research grants and a collegiate spa course," said ISPA Foundation President Edwin Neill III. "We are looking forward to growing our new initiatives and developing exciting new strategic projects along the way."
Members of the 2009 ISPA Foundation Board of Directors are as follows:
ISPA Foundation Officers
- President: Edwin Neill III, President, SpaBiz
- Vice President: Ruth Stricker, owner/founder, The Marsh, a Center for Balance and Fitness
- Secretary: Cathy Cluff, managing director, Oaks at Ojai
- Treasurer: Calvin Martin, partner, Calvin Martin & Company, PLLC
Newly Elected ISPA Foundation Board Member
- Richard Leider, founder, The Inventure Group
Returning ISPA Foundation Board Members
- Dr. Brent A. Bauer, director, complementary and integrative medicine program, Mayo Clinic
- Celeste Hilling, founder, Skin Authority
- Thad Hyland, general manager, Harbor View Hotel and Resort
- John Korpi, principal, SpaQuest International
- Sylvia Sepielli, owner, Sylvia Planning And design
- Shenyn Wang, managing director, Orient Retreat Spa
ISPA Board Members serving on the Foundation Board
- Jean Kolb, director, Kohler Company
- Jennifer Wayland-Smith, spa director, Golden Door Spa at The Boulders Resort
Honorary ISPA Foundation Board Member
- Deborah Szekely, founder, Rancho La Puerta and Golden Door
About the ISPA Foundation
The International SPA Association Foundation is the nonprofit 501(c)3 foundation of the International SPA Association and was created in 1999 to serve the educational and research needs of the spa industry. The ISPA Foundation's mission is to improve and enhance the value of the spa experience; its vision is to advance spa culture to sustain health and well-being. The ISPA Foundation's objectives include being the educational source for the spa industry, establishing definitive research that validates spa industry related topics and creating an endowment that sustains the ISPA Foundation in perpetuity.