LEXINGTON, Ky. - The International SPA Association is pleased to announce its board of directors for 2010, including one new officer and four new members. ISPA Board members volunteer their time to strategically lead the association and develop plans for enhancing membership and the spa industry through research, events and education. The new ISPA Board of Directors will begin their roles at the upcoming ISPA Conference & Expo, Oct. 5-8, in Austin, TX.
The 2010 ISPA Board will be led for the second year by Chairman Jean Kolb. "I'm honored to lead the members of ISPA through what will be another challenging year for business owners and operators," said Kolb. "ISPA will continue to provide valuable resources, opportunities and research to its members that will help them through this turbulent time."
- Chairman: Jean Kolb, director wellness businesses and product development, Kohler Company
- Vice Chairman: Deborah Waldvogel, director of spa development and operations, Sedona Resorts
- Secretary/Treasurer: Thor Holm, director of spa, recreation & fitness, Hammock Beach Resort
Newly Elected ISPA Board Members
- Dr. Kathryn Dundas, MD, CEO, medical director, Sublime Energy Medical Spa
- Andrew Gibson, group director of spa, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Paul Schmidt, owner, CEO of Living Energy Design
- Ella Stimpson, spa director, The Broadmoor
Returning ISPA Board Members
- Sharilyn Abbajay, vice president, Paris Parker Salon & Spa
- Ann Brown, spa director, Spa Shiki
- Jesper Hougaard, managing director, Serena Spa Pvt. Ltd.
- Jaime Huffman, MPH, executive spa director, The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa
- Lori Hutchinson, owner, Hutchinson Consulting
- Jeremy McCarthy, director, spa operations and development, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
- Frank Pitsikalis, president, ResortSuite/li>
- Peter Sng, managing director, Spacare International Pte. Ltd.
- Jennifer Wayland-Smith, spa director, Golden Door Spa at The Boulders Resort
- Susan Wheeler, spa director, The Spa at The Equinox
ISPA Foundation President serving on the ISPA Board
- Jeff Kohl, global hospitality & Latin America sales, Precor Incorporated
Becoming Involved in Board Service
The application process for the 2011 ISPA Board of Directors will begin in early 2010. At that time, a call for candidates will be e-mailed to all ISPA members and the application will be posted on http://www.experienceispa.com/.
About the International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on http://www.experienceispa.com/.