The International SPA Association held its annual East Coast Media Event August 7 at iconic Gotham Hall in New York City. A diverse group of spa industry brands offered treatments, products and immersion experiences to the media. In addition to experiencing rejuvenating treatments, key trends within the industry were highlighted.
“ISPA is honored to showcase some of the spa community’s most innovative spas, treatments and products, and to tout the accomplishments of our incredible member brands,” said ISPA President Lynne McNees. The reveal of the 2018 ISPA U.S. Spa Industry Study statistics boosted the excitement even further by highlighting eight consecutive years of revenue growth within the spa industry.”
ISPA’s research paints a vibrant picture of continued growth within the spa industry and a record-setting $17.5 billion in revenue and 187 million spa visits in 2017.
The following ISPA members participated in the event as Premier Sponsors and offered unique spa treatments to the media as outlined.
- Aspira the Spa highlighted their use of herbs, plants and flowers into signature spa services and nutrient-rich cuisine, much of which is grown in their organic garden.
- Bamford Haybarn Spa at 1 Hotel South Beach offered a relaxing hand treatment where hands were lightly massaged with a warm blend of pure sea salt and brown sugar, suspended in rich oils and moisturizing body butters.
- Beauty Changes Lives offered Borbolta eyelash extensions while sharing insights about the Get Your Dream Job campaign which promotes career paths within the beauty, salon and spa industries.
- Chuan Spa at the Langham, Chicago offered Intelligent Skin Scanning and an intensive Jade Stone Eye Rescue Treatment designed to diminish fine lines and wrinkles up to 35 percent.
- Elements Massage showcased their AromaRitual, which included the application of essences to the hands, head and feet with signature essential oils.
- Foreo provided UFO mask treatments combining technology and advanced Korean formulas to refresh and revive skin in only 90 seconds.
- Four Seasons Resorts Lanai offered their Lanai Tai Signature Scrub incorporating fresh active pineapple to promote Hawaiian healing and a Sports Massage that promotes living and playing well.
- Glen Ivy Hot Springs offered a Tranquility Pro Sleep Ritual to rebalance the senses using sensorial synergy of delicate textures, aroma-therapeutic scents, a tailored Tranquility sound and the power of human touch.
- Hilton highlighted their revolutionary Five Feet to Fitness rooms that allow guests to pursue fitness and wellbeing within their room with over 11 different fitness and accessory options available to use.
- Hippocrates Health Institute showcased a Vibrational Sound Healing treatment using the didgeridoo, an ancient Aboriginal instrument, offering a broad range of harmonics to help lift an individual’s vibration back into alignment and balance.
- Kohler Waters Spa offered a sample of their new Thermal Hydro Body treatment, wrapping guests’ hands in self-heating mud and finishing with a remineralizing moisturizer.
- Sandals Resorts International offered an Insta Sculpt and Glow Mini Treatment which included a gentle mini peel and vitamin C infusion followed by chilled jadestone to help firm and brighten skin and reverse the signs of aging.
- Technogym showcased SKILLROW, which is the first fully-connected indoor rowing equipment that trains both cardio and power at an athlete level.
- The Edgewater Spa offered an Anti-Aging Hand Treatment by Circadia. This luxury treatment featured a Caviar Lime and Passionfruit Enzyme Mask delivering the ultimate exfoliation, rejuvenation and hydration experience.
- The HydraFacial Company highlighted their Signature HydraFacial which removes dead skin cells and extracts impurities while simultaneously bathing the new skin with cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing serums.
- YO1 Luxury Nature Cure offered an Ayurvedic Foot Massage, bringing relief to tired feet using a Vata-balancing Ayurvedic oil that targets the 24 vital energy points in your feet.
Make Up Factory was also on hand to offer touch-ups and ResortSuite provided complimentary Wi-Fi access for the event.