LEXINGTON, Ky. - If you're in a holiday gift-giving slump, look no further than your local spa for inspiring ideas. Gift cards, once thought to be a total gift cop-out, are revived thanks to add-ons and extra benefits with purchase. Gift certificates allow first-time spa-goers to realize what the spa experience is all about - a healthy lifestyle. Investing in someone's health is the gift that keeps on giving, and the spa is the place for education on skin care, nutrition, stress reduction and balancing a hectic lifestyle.
"A spa gift certificate spreads the gift of health and wellness," said ISPA President Lynne McNees. "Reducing and relieving stress is the No. 1 reason that people go to the spa, and after the difficult year many people have endured, introducing them to the spa lifestyle will be the best present they receive."
A recent survey of ISPA members revealed that, this holiday season, gift card promotions and incentives are as easy to find as fruitcake.
- The Biltmore Hotel, Coral Gables, FL - On Dec. 14 do your holiday shopping at the spa by purchasing gift certificates. While you're there get a mini Kerstin Florian facial for $40, and receive a $40 credit on Kerstin Florian products.
- Complexions Spa for Beauty & Wellness, Albany, NY - For every $200 gift certificate bought you'll receive a $20 spa credit as well as a Spa at Home product gift set valued at $75.
- The Spa at Ballantyne Resort, Charlotte, NC - Purchase a $150 gift card and receive a $20 bonus card. Every additional $100 gift card purchased earns you an extra $20 bonus. And, during December, $5 of every $90 treatment will be donated to cancer rehabilitation.
- Spa Toccare at Borgata Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, NJ - Receive a luxurious spa robe valued at $120 for free when you buy a gift card for $250. Take advantage of the $99 Holiday Collection including a slimming body wrap, aromatherapy massage or a pumpkin pie pedicure.
Deck the halls and ring in the New Year with these specials:
- Aspira Spa at The Osthoff Resort, Elkhart Lake, WI - The Retreat Package includes two evenings of accommodations, a $40 dining credit and $175 in spa credits. Rates begin at $199.
- The Founders Inn and Spa, Virginia Beach, VA - The Spa Lalala package includes a 25-minute pomegranate body scrub and a 50-minute massage for $120.
- Intercontinental Montelucia Resort & Spa, Paradise Valley, AZ - Hangover Treatments allow you to regroup after the ball drops. Sweat out your toxins in a 25-minute Hammam treatment for $35, or get a 50-minute Organic Facial for $125.
- Solace Spa at Boyne Mountain Resort, Boyne Falls, MI - Spa Renewal package is your "get fit" jumpstart for 2010. Two guests will enjoy hotel accommodations, a $200 spa credit, breakfast, fitness classes and unlimited access to the spa facility, all for $299 a night.
- The Spa at Pinehurst, Pinehurst, NC - Holly Berry Back and Foot Treatment is a 50-minute scrub and massage for these two hard-to-reach places. It's the treatment of the month for December at $82.50, originally $110.
About the International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on http://www.experienceispa.com/.