LEXINGTON, Ky. - Kick off the year with a little R&R for yourself and your loved ones. The more than 3,000 members of the International SPA Association are ready to relax you, while also putting you in the mood for love as you plan for the holiday of romance.
"Every day is a holiday at a spa, though ISPA members often experience an increase in business around Valentine's Day," said ISPA President Lynne McNees. "Forty-six percent of U.S. spas offer packages for couples, and we are seeing specialized, over-the-top treatments, packages and products on tap for February."
From chocolate without calories, to classes on keeping love alive and even Valentine's fun for those going solo, the spa community is offering a stress-free Valentine's Day. You may access all of ISPA's members online at http://www.experienceispa.com/cms/cms/articles/, and we're highlighting a few that are going out of their way to make the holiday exceptional:
- Spa Gregorie's in Newport Beach and Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif., are offering the "Bon Appetit Retreat." This opportunity combines the leisure of a massage or facial for two with the anticipation of an in-home, four-course meal provided by a gourmet chef. Complete with candles, wine and rose petals, the meal is actually prepared by the chef in the spa-goers' home while they are at the spa.
- Throughout February, Wisconsin's Sundara Inn & Spa is offering a "Sweets for the Sweet" Spa Day. Three sweet-themed services - a chocolate body wrap, a chocolate and cherry facial, and a chocolate and cherry pedicure - are included as well as a treat from a local chocolatier.
- California's Montage Laguna Beach wants to help couples enhance their relationships. The "Art of Romance" classes explore the three parts of the magic of love - finding love, keeping love alive and understanding love - and help guests enhance their personal relationships as part of a holistic approach to total mind-body balance.
- And, for the dumped diva, Arizona's Boulders Resort & Golden Door Spa is offering the "Love on the Rocks Getaway" package. The two-night stay begins with a chocolate martini and strawberries upon arrival and includes bath salts, a lavender candle and a stack of women's magazines to help create the ultimate "girl's night in." A "Healing Heart" session with a Shaman is also available.
- Jewelry made by Kenyan tribeswomen is a unique gift of love. Made of Zulugrass and available at spas, The Leakey Collection is offering new colors and additions to their collection in time for Valentine's Day.
- To celebrate romance, Sweet Beauty will launch "Love Potion: Dark Chocolate and Roses Scrub." The scrub consists of organic cane sugar, natural raw sugar, babassu butter, sweet cherry oil, organic fair trade certified cocoa powder and cocoa nibs, rose petals and essential oils of rose, geranium and vanilla.
- Colorescience makes it possible to give the gift of chocolate minus the calories. Their "Box of Chocolates" is an assortment of lip glazes that contain chocolate mint. Colorescience describes the Box of Chocolates as the perfect way to get hours of chocolate enjoyment on the lips without an ounce on the hips!
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on http://www.experienceispa.com/cms/cms/articles/.
Spas are places devoted to enhancing overall well-being through a variety of professional services that encourage the renewal of mind, body and spirit.
(Editor's note - A complete listing of ISPA member spas and resource partners that have made the association aware of their Valentine's Day products and treatments is included below. ISPA looks forward to connecting you with members who could serve as interview resources for Valentine's Day stories. Please feel free to contact Debra Locker at the above contact details for ideas on members to complement your piece.)
Allegria Spa at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek
Beaver Creek, CO
Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa
Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Facelogic International, Inc.
Hilton Head Island, S.C.
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
Punta Mita, Mexico
Golden Door Spa at the Boulders
Heidel House Resort and Evensong Spa
Green Lake, WI
Spa at the Hershey Hotel
Mandala Medi Spa
Marianna's L'Esthetique Medi-Spa
Laguna Beach, CA
Moss Spa & Yoga
Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.
Oasis Day Spa
New York, N.Y.
Village of Pinehurst, N.C.
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
Newport Beach & Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
White Plains, N.Y.
Sundara Inn & Spa
Wisconsin Dells, WI
The Beverly Hilton
Beverly Hills, CA
The Landings St. Lucia, A RockResort
Pigeon Island, St. Lucia
The Lamar Everyday Spa
The Maui Spa & Wellness Center
Boca Raton, FL
The Spas at Gainey Village and DC Ranch Village
The Spa at Norwich Inn
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
Turning Stone Resort and Casino
Resource Partner members:
Andrew Morgan Collection
Menlo Park, CA
The Leakey Collection
Newport Beach, CA
Wellness by Intuitive Design LLC
White Lion Tea Company