The Spa Retail Consultant is responsible for the sale and service of all retail products to guests. They are responsible for maintaining the retail area of the spa in a clean and orderly manner. The Retail Consultant should be knowledgeable of the features and benefits of all retail offerings, product sales and promotions. They must understand how to effectively recommend products to meet the needs of our guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be on time for shift and maintain consistent, regular attendance record.
- Properly open and close retail area each day according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Acknowledge and greet everyone who enters and leaves the retail area.
- Actively promote and provide detailed descriptions of retail products, sales and special promotions.
- Assist guests with appropriate retail selections.
- Handle product inquiries and returns professionally and courteously, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Utilize spa retail sales system with skill and proficiency.
- Maintain Retail Bank.
- Regularly crosscheck physical inventory with computer inventory to manage/avoid shrinkage and to ensure appropriate inventories are available.
- Regularly create and change product displays to promote various products, seasons and holidays.
- Meet monthly/quarterly sales goals as outlined by management.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Maintain eye contact when addressing external and internal guests; develop professional and personalized relationship with regular guests.
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all guest matters in accordance with company policy;
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests.
- Maintain a clean; safe, fully stocked and well organized work area.
- Perform regular inventory audits and is responsible for security of retail goods.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate stock of retail items; informs management when stock is low.
- Utilize spa computers with skill and proficiency; document guest information in electronic record as directed.
- Answer the phone promptly and use the guest’s name throughout the phone conversation; operate phone system accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and remain at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
- Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast paced environment.
- Must be detail and multi-task oriented.
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess basic math and money handling skills.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication, listening and computer skills.
- Must be a team player
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of «insert your spas experience requirements here»
- «insert any other requirements here»
- Excellent command of the English language in communicating both verbally and non-verbally
- Ability to prepare/write educational materials for guests
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, members and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram format
- Ability to handle conflicting ideas and controversies around nutrition and communicated information diplomatically
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes necessary
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Must display good listening skills to understand and clarify concerns and issues raised by guests and fellow team members
The Physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk use hand to write on chart, talk, hear, see, taste, smell, type on keyboard
- Perform the duties of a esthetician which requires standing, pushing, pulling, manual dexterity and proper ergonomic posture
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
The work environment characteristics described here represent those that an employee may be exposed to while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee will perform most tasks in retail environment
- The noise level in the environment is moderate
*Note* All duties and requirements stated are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties by their supervisor.
«insert COMPANY NAME here» is an “at will” employer.
I have thoroughly reviewed and understand the responsibilities and expectations of this job description
Staff Signature: ________________________________________ Date: _________________