The Spa Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for the reception area at the spa. Includes the greeting of all guests, answering phone calls, assisting guests with questions regarding spa services and products, booking all appointments, checking the guest into the computer system and charging for services performed. Additionally assists with transitional cleaning of locker room and relaxation area as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be on time for shift and maintain consistent, regular attendance record
- Properly open and close spa each day according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Accurately book, change and cancel spa appointments.
- Acknowledge and greet everyone who enters and leaves spa facilities.
- Ensure that locker room and relaxation area are clean and stocked for flow of in-coming and out-going guests;
- Ensure that the check-in and payment process is handled in accordance with company policy by processing cash, credit card and credit transactions accurately thus protecting the company’s assets;
- Provide detailed descriptions of spa treatments, packages, services, facility features and hours of operation.
- Utilize spa computers with skill and proficiency; document guest information in electronic record as directed.
- Maintain a Spa Desk Bank.
- Answer the phone promptly and use the guest’s name throughout the phone conversation; operate phone system accurately and efficiently.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Maintain eye contact when addressing external and internal guests; develop professional and personalized relationship with regular guests.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns promptly, professionally and courteously.
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all guest matters in accordance with company policy;
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a clean; safe, fully stocked and well organized work area.
- Ensure adequate stock of supplies and equipment; inform management when stock is low.
- Develop ability to work without constant direct supervision and remain at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Ability to perform the duties of the Retail Consultant as needed.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Must be detail-oriented and have ability to multi-task.
- Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess basic math and money handling skills.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication, listening and computer skills.
- Must be a team player.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of «insert your spas experience requirements here» «insert any other requirements here»
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- CPR Certification Required «insert your spas experience requirements here» «insert any other requirements here»
- Excellent command of the English language in communicating both verbally and non-verbally
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, members and the general public
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram format
The Physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk use hand to write on chart, talk, hear, see, taste, smell, type on keyboard
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
- Employee will perform most tasks in open reception area environment
- The noise level in the environment is moderate
*Note* All duties and requirements stated above are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties by their supervisor.
«insert COMPANY NAME here» is an “at will” employer.
I have thoroughly reviewed and understand the responsibilities and expectations of this job
description. Staff Signature: ________________________________________ Date: _________________