ISPA Academy Articles
Hellerwork is a system of bodywork that combines deep tissue massage, body movement education, and verbal dialogue. It is designed to realign the body’s structure for overall health, improvement of posture, and reduction of physical and mental stress.
If you want your company to shine in this competitive marketplace, some trends need immediate attention this year.
- Consider how you can build flexibility into your schedule. Some leaders fear flexibility as they assume it means working from home. That’s not always an option or what they want. Make the time to engage in a conversation with your employees about how you can build in some flexibility while still providing services. Sometimes, a simple change in schedule will do the trick!
- Especially for Gen Zs and Millennials, purpose matters. Get involved with your community and support local causes. Be clear about what is important to you and share your passion on your website and through social media. If you are involved in feeding the homeless, collecting supplies for children or donating hours to a local charity, share your commitment to the community.
- Assess and improve your overall applicant experience. Every step of the process is an opportunity to create a WOW experience. Applicants are checking you out just as much as you are checking them out. Demonstrate your amazing culture at every step and use a short cycle time to hire. It doesn’t stop at the interview. It’s frustrating to hire employees only to have them not show up on day one. Have you stayed in touch with them since the job offer? Keeping them engaged is paramount! Consider sending a nice note signed by your team upon their accepting a position. Stay engaged by creating a memorable experience.
- New employee celebration (orientation) should be an experience that not only focuses on the necessary paperwork, but also includes time well spent on culture, history and how exceptional it is to work in the industry. They should feel so honored and excited to join the team! Thirty days after they are hired, ask them about their experience and what you do that’s better/worse than where they used to work!
- Clarify, promote and protect your brand. Review your website and social media. Applicants don’t always look at your home page. Your job page needs to tell the story about how amazing it is to work in your industry, not just a job listing. Feature stories should include S-P-A: a Story, Point and Action! Action could be as simple as saying, “What about you? Are you ready to contact us and become a part of an amazing team?”
A high frequency facial is a treatment that helps improve overall skin complexion using a glass electrode filled with argon or neon gas which generates a high frequency current with a high oscillation rate when applied to the skin. The oscillation causes a slight heat increase, which affects the blood circulation in the skin, cleanses, and tones the skin. This process is very safe and gentle, and can benefit multiple different skin issues such as fine line, wrinkles, acne, enlarged pores, hydration and the tightening and toning of loose skin.
Are you a drama queen magnet—or a talent magnet?
Do any of the following sound familiar to you right now?
- You are having challenges hiring the right staff
- You keep hiring drama queens
- You constantly have to babysit and chase some of your staff
- Staff members seldom meet your expectations
If you answered yes to any of the above, you are in the right place. By the end of this article you will learn seven steps for hiring talent and—importantly—why work ethic assessment should be part of your recruitment process.
A few commitments are essential before you continue reading. These mindset adjustments are important to get you to a place where you are a Talent Magnet.
- Hire slow and steady… fire fast
- Follow the checklist
- Let go of desperation
- Follow the checklist
- Stop allowing yourself to believe there are no good staff out there
- Follow the checklist
Yes, “follow the checklist” appears three times: The single reason we employ the wrong staff is we have not followed a process. Why? Because we are desperate. The commitments are simple, yet it is easy to find yourself going off course— and that’s where you need to stay focused.
Let’s dive right into the seven ideas that will change the hiring process for you.
Here’s an interesting question to ask yourself about the way people view you in the workplace: Are people happier to see you come, or are they happier to see you go?
Scientific Study Shows How Meditation Helps Rebuild the Brain
An eight-week study conducted by Harvard researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) provided scientific evidence that meditation can help rebuild the brain’s grey matter in eight weeks.