With the 2018 ISPA Conference & Expo just a few days away, it’s time to open the trusty luggage bag and pack your goods. Whether you’re a first-timer or a veteran conference-goer, one thing everyone has in common is that we all have to pack!
We have drawn up a list of 15 things that will make your Conference experience more comfortable and enjoyable, so you can focus on all the wonderful things #ISPA2018 has to offer.
15 Things to Pack for Conference:
- Sunscreen – Phoenix’s NBA team isn’t called the “Suns” for no reason. Phoenix barely edges out Las Vegas for the sunniest city in the U.S. Come prepared the fight off the UV rays!
- Germ killers – With so much valuable networking going on, you’ll be shaking a lot of hands. Keep yourself and others germ-free with a travel size germ killer.
- Aspirin/Tylenol – Don’t let a headache come between you and that one exhibit or speaker you just couldn’t wait to experience fully.
- Fresh breath strips – Leave a good first impression with someone you’ve just met and fill the conversational air with minty freshness!
- Moisturizer – The air in Phoenix is hot and very, very dry. Do your skin a favor and bring along some moisturizer and lip balm.
- Water Bottle – Though the Phoenix Convention Center is a cool campus, don’t forget that the most important thing to have with you in the middle of the desert is water! Keep your body fueled at one of the many Hydration Stations so your engine never runs out.
- Small snacks – Never let hunger pangs get in your way. Pack a snack and keep yourself going!
- Light pullover – Surprisingly enough, the Phoenix Convention Center has been known to stay quite cool despite the heat outside. Packing a light extra layer might save your day!
- Supportive shoes – Without a doubt, you will be on your feet for most of every day at #ISPA2018. Grab some comfortable and supportive shoes and your feet will thank us later.
- Tote bag or backpack – Though this may seem like a no-brainer, a tote bag or backpack will prove its worth many times during the week. Your personal items and samples will all need a home, the roomier the better!
- Bathing suit – Cool off back at the hotel with a dip in the Sheraton Grand Phoenix pool. Nothing will rejuvenate you like a soak and swim in the pool.
- Charger – Always prepare for the worst when it comes to phone battery. Though they’re getting more and more efficient, never take your chances. Keep your charger with you at all times, and if you find someone who needs a charge, you’ll have never made a quicker friend!
- Business cards – With the amount of people you’ll meet at #ISPA2018, exchanging contact info will end up taking a lot of your time… unless you bring business cards! All it takes is to exchange cards and you’re on your way.
- Research on attendees – You will not regret coming prepared with plenty of knowledge about the exhibitors and speakers. You can find information on the #ISPA2018 mobile app or website.
- Good attitude/courage – Coming in with an open mind and a good attitude is of utmost importance as you’ll be receiving so much information and meeting so many people. Hear something from a speaker you really loved? Gather up your courage and talk to them! You’ll thank yourself later.