Which means we’re just a few short days away from celebrating Global Wellness Day! Hopefully everyone has already made great plans to participate in this international day of wellness, but if not, have no fear—there’s still time to get involved!
Need to brush up on the specifics of Global Wellness Day? No problem—we’ve got you covered! The purpose of Global Wellness Day is to ask the question, even if for just one day, “How can I live a healthier and better life?”, to direct the thoughts of both individuals and society towards “living well” and to raise awareness.
The main aims of the day are:
• To recognize the value of our lives
• To pause and think, even if just for one day of the year
• To be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habits
• To make peace with ourselves
• To raise awareness about living well and increase motivation, not just for today, but for the remaining 364 days of the year
Global Wellness Day was founded by Belgin Aksoy and first celebrated in 2012 in Turkey as the “first” day dedicated to living well. What started as a small movement has grown to be an occasion celebrated worldwide—specifically in over 80 countries!
The International SPA Association proudly supports Global Wellness Day and hope you will too! Are you doing anything special for Global Wellness Day? If you are, we would love to hear from you and if you take any pictures we would love to see them, so share them here. You can also share them via the Global Wellness Day Facebook page!