When you’re the co-founder and president of a fast-growing makeup company, your day is spent being pulled in every direction. From warehouse meetings to training sessions and everything in between, Lindsay Ebbin is one busy man. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t enjoy what he does. “There is pure joy of exploration and of signing new accounts, makeup innovation and training with creativity,” he enthuses. “The best part of this is when we are able to share our makeup knowledge and techniques with the rest of the world. It is about the collective and working together as a team.”
While every day is different when you get to travel and meet so many incredible people, here is a glimpse into a typical day for Ebbin in his home of Baltimore, Maryland.
- 6 am Meditation.
- 6:30 am I hit the gym for cardio, weights or yoga, or I walk along the Chesapeake Bay thinking about the day ahead while the sun rises. Turning 50 isn’t easy; everything I eat goes to the two w’s: weight and waist, so working out makes me feel great!
- 7:45 am Make an organic breakfast then watch the news, review my messages, social media, review day’s agenda and review emails received the night before.
- 8:45 am Almost every morning I have a light touch-base with business partner, Christian. We usually end with a prayer of gratitude for our company and blessing or gratitude for all our accounts. It generates a great amount of light in our lives and others.
- 9 am Head to the BAM Brands USA office or the warehouse. At the office, we always start our good morning with a warm welcome to each person; it’s part of our company culture and DNA.
- 9:15 am Review top five things that need to be accomplished for the rest of the day, then divide, distribute and conquer.
- 10 am Daily review with warehouse team on updates and the receiving of orders.
- 10:30 am Conference calls with spa directors or GMs. I also use this time to plan travel and training schedules, answer emails.
- 11:30 am Corporate training, train the trainer.
- 1:30 pm Hungry man, it’s lunchtime!
- 2:15 pm Follow-up with travel planning, expenses reconfirming secured events and training needs. Keeps the two O’s satisfied: order and being organized.
- 4 pm End of the day reviews with warehouse manager to review customers order ship-outs to ensure they were sent in a timely manner. I also always make sure to thank them for their daily efforts.
- 4:30 pm I peruse social media postings for brands, review progress and website updates.
- 5 pm Final touch-base with accounts and business partners on issues from the day.
- 7:30 pm Dinner consists of protein and veggies. Okay, sometimes I will sneak a cookie in for dessert. What can say? I am a sweet guy with a sweet tooth!
- 9 pm Believe it or not, I tend to my garden. My grandmother always told me to water the garden at night. She said it’s like dinner for them, and then they are full of energy for the next day.
- 9:45 pm Shower, read, social media, prayer and bed. I am thankful to make it through another day. To all a goodnight!