The 2017 ISPA U.S. Spa Infustry reports nearly 33,000 vacant positions for service providers.
The same study reported steady growth in number of spa visits, overall revenue, locations, and revenue per visit, and the U.S. Department of Labor projects spa and salon growth between 10 and 20 percent
over the next decade. Emerging technologies and innovations are driving demand for professionals equipped with the knowledge and skills to serve clients in the beauty and spa industry. All this data means that the spa industry is on a steady rise to the top, we just need the right people to get us there.
That’s why ISPA has partnered with the Beauty Changes Lives Foundation to launch the “Get Your Dream Job” campaign! The professional beauty and spa industries have joined forces to elevate and celebrate careers in spa, launching a nationwide call to action.
The “Get Your Dream Job” initiative will be promoted by spas, salons and schools coast-to-coast to build awareness of extraordinary career opportunities in our amazing industry. You love what you do, so it’s time to let everyone else know how amazing your work truly is.
Participating spas, salons and schools will receive a tool kit with the following items:
- List of all ISPA members and partner organizations
- Online platform for schools to download posters, flyers, ISPA grant applications
- Resources to support local market publicity such as press releases
- Graphics for use on social platforms
- Customizable marketing templates for schools to use in admissions
- For more information on how to get involved in the Get Your Dream Job campaign, visit getyourdreamjob.com.
We’d also like to say thank you to the organizations who have already stepped up in support of this campaign:
Workforce Development Study
Knowledge is power, which is why the ISPA Foundation has commissioned Pricewaterhouse Coopers to conduct its first industry research-driven study aimed at analyzing the recruitment, retention and
engagement of professionals in the spa and salon sectors. To make the Get Your Dream Job campaign a huge success, we must all do our part to ensure that we have all the necessary knowledge and tools. Results from the study will be released in the first quarter of 2018 and will be an invaluable resource for us in targeting our message.
The great news is, you and your colleagues can give us that invaluable knowledge. By participating in the Workforce Development Study, you’re ensuring we have enough data to get a clear perception of
motivations, preferences and challenges of today's spa professionals.
Visit spaworkforcesurvey.com by Monday, November 13 to participate in the survey. By doing so, you’ll be entered to win several amazing prizes including:
- Registration to the 2018 ISPA Conference & Expo in Phoenix, Arizona
- One of ten $50 gift cards to Amazon, iTunes, Starbucks or Target
- Additional surprise giveaways!
- All respondents will also receive a complimentary copy of the Executive Summary of the study.